Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Choreo!

My choreography session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  As usual a nice session, just myself and D and Tammy and for the first half or so Jamie and one of her skaters.

I warmed up with some Bronze moves and then warmed up jumps and spins, then ran my dramatic program to see how it went. Ugh!  The first time I once again wanted to do a power-3 instead of the crossroll at the beginning.  So I stopped and made myself do it over again correctly.  After that the runthrough was not too bad, though I was about 5s late in finishing :-(.

We started off by working through the section with the attitude into the mohawks.  Tammy wanted it to flow better (and, I had way too much think time between the mohawks).  We were able to fix this pretty convincingly.

Next we worked on the slaloms into the twizzly-thing, as it was a little rough (too much like a pivot) in my runthrough.  That was better.  I probably should include this in my warmup though to make sure that I get it in my head how it's supposed to go.

After that we worked to add some more movements in 3 places:

  • lunge -- arms down, then raised in a crossing motion overhead while looking up.
  • slaloms -- look to each side (L, then R) on the slaloms
  • BXOs before the waltz jump -- L arm up at shoulder height going L, then bring the R arm up with it going R around the corner.

We worked through all of these and I think they are doable and not too hard to remember.  I do need to work on them though.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home