Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual.  11 skaters and like 6 coaches, so kinda busy but not bad.

I worked on jumps and spins for a bit, then went on to work on some of the troublesome segments of my programs, like the mohawk/cross, the ending of the dramatic program, and the spin entrance in the free skate.  After that I ran the free skate -- not too bad, although the salchow was not too great and I did end slightly late.  Then I ran the dramatic program and I was probably 15-20 seconds late ending.... ugh.  Of course it didn't help that people got in my way, but the other big problem is, of course, I need to decrease my "think time" that I so often put in before an element.  This is the single best thing that comes out of competing, in my mind -- the ability to do an element without thinking about  it for  20 seconds first.  Still working on that in this program.

Two lessons with JJ this week (and a figures lesson) and then I'm off to MidWinter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home