Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Choreo

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler to work on choreography with Tammy.  I had a half hour warmup so I warmed up waltz jump, toe loop and spins, and also ran 3 Bronze Moves.

We spent most of our time today polishing and fixing.  Some specifics:
  • LOOK UP, esp. on the opening cross roll.
  • keep the chainĂ© turns small w/hands down and free leg close.
  • stand up straight on the attitude
  • the dreaded bunnyhop was not bad!
  • for the bunnyhop/lunge/toe loop sequence bring it closer to center ice.
  • we reviewed the end, especially the slalom into the twizzly thing and final spin
  • worked on the mohawk/cross sequence to get it less choppy.  
It was a fun session and we got a lot done!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger George A said...

    Those chainé turns sound demanding. I'm trying to imagine going from toe pick to toe pick and not crashing and burning. You must post a video at some point.

    PS: I also tore out the leather around the top eyelet of one of my former boots and had a cobbler repair it. I use those boots for out doors skating now. So far the repair is holding up. I think when one has to pull so hard on the laces for a nice tight fit that the leather eventually gives way, it is an indication that the boots are worn to the point that there's more slop around the feet than when new.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home