Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Power

I got my fixed boot back yesterday.  They did a great job!  I still need new boots, but at least that eyelet (and the ones on either side of it) are not going anywhere.

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  This was a fun session as José and Donna were there, and also Melissa (though she wasn't skating) and Stephanie who has returned to skating after 4 years or so off the ice.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking - not bad.  My blades felt a little weird somehow.  I'm glad I'm getting new boots soon.
  • slaloms - actually, while I'm not getting any "rip" on the L side, and I'm sure my feet are not close enough together, these are actually getting better.
  • swizzles -- just forward, a full lap.  Not too bad.
  • pulling w/harness -- I pulled Holly around for about 2 full laps wearing the harness while she braked.  It was okay.  This is def. harder than pushing her while she brakes, though.  And of course a lap afterward.
  • lunges -- alternating lunges, a full lap.  Ugh.  Still, they weren't bad.
I do think this stuff has improved.  Yay!

In other news, my R knee has been bothering me a bit for the last few weeks so I am going to the doctor next week so he can take a look.  We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home