Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate... as I was lacing my boots, I tore through the 2nd from the top eyelet on the right side of my right boot!


I relaced so that I skipped that one and the corresponding one on the other side, and got on the ice to warmup.  After a brief warmup it was time to start!  Since we were running late (AND I'd not done power for like a month!) we decided to do just 15 minutes and not 20.  It was a good thing...

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- of course.  I actually felt pretty good about this. Two full laps.
  • slalom -- ugh.  Although I think they were better than they had been.  A full lap. 
  • lunges -- alternating, a full lap.  Not too bad.
  • pushing Holly -- a full lap.  Not bad, actually.
  • FI3s -- LFI3s were scary and I need to keep my free leg close when I'm trying to do these down the line.
  • twizzle prep -- ugh.
That was about all we had time for and I was pretty tired. Not so much my legs, actually, as my back.  Bleah.

I took my boot to a cobbler in Tempe and he should be able to fix them by Wednesday or Thursday.  Bad timing for this, but I certainly do need new boots!  I'll have to rearrange my schedule for next week unfortunately.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home