Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Preliminary Test & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I got on slightly late, scribed circles and was warming up edges when Lynne came on the ice.  My edges are looking good; even the BI push is much better and my first lobe is about the same size as the others now.  I still need to work on not wide-stepping that first BI push, though.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- not bad.  Some body position issues and also I wound up following the wrong trace on my 2nd RFO... would not happen on clean ice but the freestyle folks mark things up.
  • FI8 -- pretty good, though my tracings were not as tight as I would like or as they usually are.
  • waltz-8 -- actually not too bad.  They are looking more controlled and the BO edge is greatly improved.  Still working on improving the step forward but at least most of the time it is a good edge, just too far out still.
  • BO8 -- whoa.  Had not looked at these for a bit and I had a really hard time getting a good RBO.  Yuck.  Push was inadequate and I was doing something strange at the end of it that put me off balance.  Then I was curving in too quickly.  Grrr.
After my lesson I worked a bit on 3s to center and then just for grins a bit on alternating 3s.  They actually were a bit improved but the LFO3 to RFO3 step forward is really getting me.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home