Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Preliminary Test & 3s

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe as usual.  I got on the ice a little late; had just scribed circles and done forward edges when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • back edges -- not bad.  Still widestepping the BI push a bit, but in general I'm pretty happy with these.
  • FO8 -- pretty good.
  • FI8 -- nice.  I really traced them well today and circle size and push alignments were all pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- ha!  Coming around on the L side, I somehow got forward on my blade so far that the front of the blade dug in and tripped me! Down I went.  It was pretty funny.  After that we restarted and spent some time on these.  Really it's just down to the step forward, so after some time doing the whole move, we went back and just work on steps-forward for a few minutes.  I think they got a little better, but I really need more practice.
  • 3s to center -- just about 5 minutes on these.  I have good flow through the turn, for the most part, so my issues are mostly with my body position after the turn.  We worked on getting me to bend my knee more after the turn, and to control the free leg more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home