Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Skate Fitting

I drove up to north Scottsdale(ish) today to be fitted for my new boots with Kelly.  He measured my feet and looked at my current boots.  It's a bit mystifying as my feet measure out at about 9 1/2 to 9 3/4 long but I'm in a 9M in my Riedells.  Still, he says the lasts haven't change so we will order the same size for me.  I'm going with the Silver Stars this time as JJ and Holly both said I need a bit more support (mostly because of my size, not because of my doubles lol!).

They should come in in 3-4 weeks (right after PCAS so that's good).  Alas if I'm remembering correctly these boots will cost me something like $250 more than the previous ones... ouch :-(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home