Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Preliminary Test & Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I got on the ice a little late so Lynne scribed my circles while I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- really pretty good.
  • FI8 -- also pretty good!
  • waltz-8 -- mmph.  The usual weaknesses.    After running the figure we spent some time just working on the BO edge/step forward.  The LBO & step is pretty weak but we made some improvements.  The RBO actually improved quite a bit.  All in all it's getting there, just need to make it more consistent.
  • serpentine -- just a few minutes on these.  Initial push is still too weak to reliably getting me around the FO->FI portion;  FI->FO is better as I push more strongly onto the FI edge.  Ugh.  We did make some improvements in the FOI change of edge though and FIO is not too bad.
After my lesson I spent the rest of the time I had on serpentine, trying to improve that FO  push.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home