Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Program Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Before my lesson, JJ had me arrive at 7:30 to do off-ice.  We started with jumping rope.  Yow.  He wants to get up to doing 10 jumps on each foot.  I'm going to need to work up to that.... next we worked on using the ladder to work on jumps.  First I just hopped on one foot down the length of the ladder and then returned on the opposite foot.  Next we worked on jumping from two feet and landing on the R foot in landing position (like a standing waltz jump).  Then we worked on jumping from the L foot and landing (like salchow).  From there we went on to work on the plastic spinner, first on the R foot (like backspin) and crossing the foot over, then on the L foot.

After all that it was time to get skates on and get on the ice.  I warmed up a bit and then we started our lesson.  We spent some time on the toe loop, then we worked on various pieces of the free skate, then ran it with music.  Ugh, not so great.  JJ decided to take one of the mohawk/cross moves out, so instead of R-L-R it will just be L-R.  We finished up working on the salchow/end of the program.  Still rough; I get in a weird mode in the program and rush things so it's not so good.

All in all we accomplished a lot but still feeling kind of rough with this program.  MidWinter is in a week and a half :-(.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home