Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking - of course.
  • lunges -- right after stroking, and I was going (relatively) fast, so I was like "at this speed?!!" and of course she said "yes".  Actually they were not bad, and they don't scare me anymore so that's good.
  • BXOs -- alternating down the length of the rink for a whole lap.  I was not impressed but Holly says they are not that bad.
  • slaloms -- of course.  2 laps!! Ugh.  Although I was kind of okay for the first lap, it's after that that it was bad.  They have improved, though.
  • BXOs -- on the circle.  As it happened we started with the harder side first.  I did get some improvement in staying down and decreasing the amount of scraping.  When we switched to the easier side, it was like night and day :-).  They actually weren't bad at all.
  • toe hops -- ugh.  alternating toe hops to each side down the line.  They got much better but I wouldn't say they weren't awkward.
  • and of course -- another lap :-)

And with that... I skated every day this week!  A total of about 5 hours.  Not bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home