Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Preliminary Test & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  As usual, nice ice; and only four skaters and one coach.

I scribed some circles and then started my edges for warmup...

Today's lesson:

  • F edges -- nice.
  • B edges - also nice.  BI push has definitely improved a lot.
  • FO8 -- pretty nice.  I had some issues with the second LFO as I was a bit too concentrated on lining up my pushes and I forgot to set myself up correctly for the edge, so I was fighting my R shoulder for the first half... ugh!  My tracing was really nice on these.
  • FI8 -- as usual, pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- actually, pretty good.  I had one time on the L side that my step forward was really wonky but for the most part it was pretty good. Turns were nice, I'm holding the BO edge about right and while the step forward still needs some improvement it's definitely come a long way.  I was pretty happy with it and so was Lynne.
  • BO8 -- ugh.  The first couple of times on this were not so great but after I remembered/reminded myself of some key points I did a pretty nice set that I was pretty happy with.  Yay!
After my lesson I worked a little on alternating 3s and also a bit on BI8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home