Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Preliminary Test & BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We started a little early so I just had time to scribe circles and do my edges.  Ice was really nice and just 4 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- I had one wobble on the last LFO, but other than that these were really, really nice!  
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- Meh.  I felt like these were not as good as last week.  Cutting into the circle too much on the BO edge and stepping out to much on the FO.  The turns were nice though.  We worked these again after the first set and it was a bit better.  Ugh.
  • BI8 -- We mostly worked on getting a better push, with feet closer together (no widestepping!) but still stepping to a BI edge.  Some improvement, actually; while i'm not making it all the way around right now I was following a full-size circle pretty well, and I was only about 1/8 of a circle short.  So I need to work these some more.
After my lesson I just had a few moments so I worked on serpentines.  Meh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home