Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Final Choreo

I had my final choreography session for the dramatic program this morning on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I wore my costume.

For today we mostly worked on minor tweaks and fixes.  First I asked Tammy about the arms at the very beginning because I didn't feel I was being very graceful.  We worked on it a bit; I need to bend my R arm from the elbow as I'm raising it so it looks less stiff.  After that the L arm can flow out a bit instead of being raised straight.  I thought this looked better.

After that we went ahead and ran the program.  It actually went pretty well.  Tammy says I am definitely skating faster (yay!).  There are some issues with ice coverage and element placement; I'm covering the ice well but in a couple places (the very end, and the attitude/mohawk section) where I'm too far one way or the other.  Tammy had me work to not go so far into the end after the first spin so that the following section can shift down a bit -- this puts the waltz jump further into the other end so it's more balanced.  Then at the end, I'm going to turn back around after the toe loop so that the slaloms are going back toward center.  This is much more aesthetically pleasing :-).

Oh, and Tammy specific told me I need to breathe! After the waltz jump.  As usual I'm tending to hold my breath.

So after some exercise on all those we ran it again with music and it was pretty good!  A good note to leave off on.  I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home