Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Jumps & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the Gilbert 8:15 FS.  Nice session, just two skaters and two coaches.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- not so great at first.  JJ had me go back and do a couple of waltz jumps, then we went back into them.  After a bit I was doing much better at waiting and bringing it around.  Still two-footing the landing (argh!) but that's a psychological thing -- I know I could have landed it, the position was correct.
  • salchow -- I was rushing these, but managed to fix that so yay me!  Much better.  Still not much spring, though.
  • spins -- these were pretty bad.  I am bringing in my arms in too soon (rushing).  We kind of fixed that and they were better, though not great.
That's all we had time for!  Tomorrow I am skating at Ice CafĂ© and then off to SoCal for the competition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home