Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 04, 2016

Practice Ice

This afternoon Melissa and I took a break from watching the competition to go practice a bit at the 2:15 public at East West Ice Palace, since we have no practice ice tomorrow.

We got to the rink about 1:55 p.m.; there was a freestyle session going on, then a Zamboni break.  Alas, most of the skaters from the freestyle stayed and skated on the public session, so as I told Melissa, it was the least "public" public session I've ever been on.  It was hopping!

We only stayed about half an hour.  I worked on stuff from the free skate, especially spins and salchow. Spins were bad but improved. Salchows were really awful -- I could not get myself to bend my knee into them and they were just stiff, and the timing was bad. They did improve somewhat.

In the end we had done about as much as was reasonable so we called it a day and left.  I do think it was helpful.   Looking forward to my free skate tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home