Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual today.  Lynne is still out enjoying quality time with her beautiful baby girl, so I just practiced.  I'd not done patch for two weeks due to the competition so some things were a little rough.

I ran through the Preliminary test.  A few minor weaknesses on FO8 and FI8; waltz-8 was about the same.  Step forward from RBO was pretty nice, from LBO not so much, so I worked on it some.

After that I spent the remainder of my time on BO8 and BI8.  BO8 I had a little bit of an issue holding the circle all the way around but it got better.  On the BI8 I had a pretty decent initial edge but the push was lacking and I couldn't hold the circle all the way around.  Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home