Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

New Boots!

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler.  This was my first time in the new boots!

I had picked up my new boots on Friday (3/11).  The blades are temporary-mounted and I'll need to go back after the first 8-10 hours of skating to get them permanently mounted.

The first 15 minutes.... really scary.  It reminded me of how I felt when I first got back on the ice after breaking my wrist. Well, not quite that scary, but pretty scary.  It definitely got better though.  I confined myself to stroking and forward edges, that was about all I could make myself do.

The boots are pretty comfortable, all things considered. I did have some pain in my left foot on the outside, but not too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home