Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Basics

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

I am still having a hard time getting used to these boots, though it's getting better.  I'll be really glad to get past this.  I warmed up with stroking and edges and some FXOs.

For today's lesson we just went back and worked on some basics:

  • change of edge -- FOI and FIO.  Actually these are really easy, which again makes me suspect that the blade alignment was not so great before and is better now.
  • FXOs -- not too bad.  On the harder side I need to work on pushing to the side, not back.
  • back swizzles  -- hadn't done these in a long time.  JJ had me get going fast and then lift the free foot (so a BO edge) which was okay.
  • 3s -- just a quick one at the end of the session.  It was okay.
I don't remember my boot adjustment being like this last time, but it was a long time ago so maybe I've blocked the memories :-).  I just need more time in them and life is really busy right now so it's difficult.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home