Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for patch practice today.  As usual, nice ice and not too crowded.

I ran through the Preliminary test, and then spent some extra time on waltz-8.    The L side step forward is actually not bad, now.  The R side is still weak.  I realize I approach it entirely differently than the other side so I tried to do it the same, but without much success.  Of course that step forward from the LBO to RFO is the harder direction.

After that I spent a few minutes on 3s to center.  The L side I was actually getting pretty nice flow through the turn and I did hold it out a bit longer but still curving in too early.  The R side was not as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home