Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Power

I had my power lesson with Holly (makeup for last week's missed lesson) today on the Gilbert adult skate. Nice ice, as always, and just 3 skaters and 2 coaches.  I worked on the forward-8 from Bronze moves and it flows really nicely, which does make me think the blade alignment is a lot better now.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- of course.  Just one lap.  Holly thinks I look more steady with these boots.  I'm not so sure.
  • slaloms -- one lap.
  • swizzles -- forward and back, a lap each.  Not too bad.
  • half-swizzles -- around the circle, each side for... a while.  Ugh.  My quads weren't happy after the first couple of circles.
  • power-3s -- just the LFO side.  We worked on the back lobe, mostly -- stepping to a a BI (not BO) edge after the 3, getting the head turned and a real BXO.  Some progress, I think.  I really hate these things, and this was the good side!
She kind of took it easy on me, I think, since this was our first time back in a while AND I have new boots.  I was still pretty wiped out though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home