Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Preliminary Test & 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I had a quick warmup with edges, and scribed some circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- actually, pretty nice.
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- mmph.  I am actually seeing some improvement here, but as Lynne said there's still a lot of inconsistency.  I am doing better on the step forward, in particular at opening the hips so I can actually step forward and not "out".  But it's still a work in progress.
  • 3s to center -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Ugh.  I am doing better at checking the 3 but I need to stand up straighter; I'm leaning into the circle too much so it makes me spiral in instead of holding the circle.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home