Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Back In The Saddle

I had my first post-baby figures lesson with Lynne today on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  It was great to see her!  As always, she looks terrific.  I warmed up with edges and one FO8.  This session was pretty crowded (11 people at one point) -- if that continues I may need to rethink trying to do figures at this session.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- not bad actually.  I need to be more consistent about controlling swing in the upper body though.
  • FI8 -- Pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- 3s were nice.  Actually all things considered these were all pretty nice except for the last R side where I stepped forward way too early.
  • BO8 -- after some work to control my upper body position I actually did a pretty nice set.
  • BI8 -- ugh.  Not so great.  Push was weak and I never got around the first circle.
After my lesson I spent the remainder of my time on serpentines and 3s to center.  Neither were so great.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home