Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spins, Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert. I warmed up with the first 4 Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- both standing start and windup.  JJ told me to think about the back of the blade continuing around after the 3 and this did seem to help.  I did get a couple that were kind of okay.
  • edges -- we worked just a bit on skating deep FI edges.  I need to bend my knees more and get into a better rhythm.
  • backspin prep -- we worked on doing an FI3 and toe-tap (similar to the chainĂ© turns in my dramatic).  Meh.
  • perimeter XOs -- I ran this and then we worked a bit on the crossovers, esp. the BXOs.  JJ said right now I should probably focus more on getting more power and a better push and leave worrying about the scratchiness to later.  He has a point...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home