Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate, as usual.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- two laps.
  • slalom -- one lap.
  • forward swizzles -- 1.5 laps.
  • pushing -- one lap.
  • back slaloms -- on the circle.  We started with the harder side first.  2-3 circles each side.  I still feel like I'm not really slaloming but Holly says she's more interested in getting me to go faster and get the edge change.
  • 3s -- on the circle.  Weird, as I was just working on these with Lynne yesterday!  Holly says I'm dropping my skating shoulder too much right after the turn, which I believe.  Hmm.
This was the first time I'd skated in my new boots after I got the blades permanently mounted on Tuesday.  Still feeling a bit weird but getting better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home