Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking, spins, slaloms and a couple of Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- as usual.
  • perimeter BXOs -- not the Bronze move, just the warmup like the kids do.  Just one lap.
  • lunges -- one lap of lunges, followed by another lap of stroking.
  • slaloms -- 2 laps! ugh, my quads were killing me.
  • mohawks -- down the line, alternating.  I'm really amused how much Holly and JJ are in sync on this stuff, when they don't even talk to each other!  Anyway the point of this mostly was to do the change of direction from one side to the other.  They were kinda stinky but did improve.
  • twizzly thing -- I had kind of forgotten how these went, in particular that I needed to bring my outside shoulder around to make them happen.  We went up and down the line like 4 times.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home