Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I had a very brief warmup (FO/FI edges) then scribed circles and we started.

Today's lesson:

  • BO edges -- pretty good.
  • BI edges -- not bad.  Lynne said my initial stepdown was much improved.
  • FO8 -- pretty good, although the first RFO was really large (fixed it subsequently) and the LFOs were all really large fore some reason.
  • FI8 -- Really pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- turns were better.  BO edge was better.  Step forward was not as good as it was last week, but improved.  Still struggling to lean back into the circle and really be on that FO edge.
  • serpentines -- I ran through both sides.  I'm consistently about a quarter circle short of making it the 1.5 circles though, and the transitions are a little rough.  The FIO is a bit early and I need to keep my legs/feet closer together.  On the FOI I need to work on  extending the free foot before the transition and not rocking back and forth on the blade so much on the transition.
After my lesson I just had a couple of minutes so I worked more on the FOI change of edge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home