Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Spins, 3s, Mohawks

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert as usual.  I warmed up with stroking and spins, and some perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- about 10 minutes on these.  JJ says I keep thinking I'm in the wrong position after the hook, and I'm not.  I just need to saddle up and stick with it.  Grrr.
  • 3s -- we reviewed the feedback on my power 3s from my test last year.  We worked an exercise where I did a 3 (we mostly worked on RFO3) then stepped forward and came around on the same circle and did another, holding the entrance longer.  We made some good progress on this (I need to practice this!!), I was able to hold the entrance much longer and was able to keep the free leg in better.  Still much more to do.
  • mohawks -- just a few minutes on these at the end.  I can do a nice one (we just worked on RFI so I was cheating, I guess :-) ) when I try.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home