Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual.  11 skaters and 6 coaches!  It's hoppin'.

I spent all my time on jumps and spins.  I made some good progress on my salchow!  They were just not happening so I did the following: 1) practiced on the boards just doing the 3, holding, and then jumping up from the toepick and straight down again to get the feel of getting myself to jump.  Then 2) I practiced them just pushing onto the LFO from the line.  Once these were good I 3) did them from a moving start.  Much better.  I am tending to land on 2 feet; but the entrance and jump are correct and that's most of what I was after.  Spins were pretty ucky.  Toe loop mostly about the same, I still need to get myself to bring the RBO around more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home