Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Perseverance

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler for practice.  Nice ice and just 5 of us plus 2 coaches.

I spent the first 40 minutes on Bronze moves.  I didn't run the whole test, just worked on individual parts that I needed to improve.  I was finally able to see what the judges were getting at when they said I was not on the right edge coming into the BXO portion of the perimeter XO move.  It's pretty easy to fix but I will need to be aware of it every time I do the move, I think.

I spent some time on spins and jumps.  The first salchow I did was actually not bad but the subsequent ones were ucky.... toe loops I'm still struggling to bring that RBO edge around before I jump.  Spins were... bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home