Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

BXOs

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Nice ice (well, a little bumpy in places) and just two or three of us for the session. I warmed up with stroking, spins and some salchows, which, sadly, were nowhere near as good as they were last night :-(.

Today's lesson was focused on BXOs and the BXO to BO edges pattern from Bronze moves.  We first focused on getting me to put my weight on the "outside" (pushing) foot.  JJ had me do alternating BXOs down the rink (again, as I told him, I worked with Holly on this last week), working to put my weight on that side as I push from it.  It got better.  After some time on that both down the rink and around the circle, we went on to work on the actual move.  I was having some trouble holding the LBO edge and JJ pointed out that I am picking my free foot up next to me instead of behind. So if I let the free leg come behind me and then pick it up I'm on a much better edge and it all goes better.  Progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home