Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Power

My lesson with Holly.  We had to move it to today from Friday due to a work conflict.  I warmed up with the first couple of Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • slaloms -- 2 laps.  The first lap is pretty nice, then my quads start to get tired and my form suffers. :-(
  • power pulls -- just backward.  We spent a lot of time on these.  We mostly worked on just the R foot.  Trying to really bend into the BI edge is hard, and then to release onto the BO is not quite happening.  Still I think we actually did make some progress.
  • cross steps -- forward and back.  Forward are kind of okay. Backward really stink right now, for the same reasons as the power pulls, basically.
  • FXOs -- in a figure 8, twice around.  Ugh.  Still kinda slow.
  • lunges -- one lap.  Ugh.  I think we haven't done these in a couple of weeks and the R side was a bit rough.
  • stroking -- one hard lap! I couldn't object since for the first time that I recall we didn't start with a lap.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home