Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and then did FO8 and FI8 to warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 --much better than in my warmup.  Flow was good.  It was hard for me to see my trace (glare) but I though it was just okay; return to center could have filled out more.
  • FI8 -- not bad, though it's been better.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  We spent the entire rest of the lesson on these, but that's okay.   I was having a lot of issues on R side.  We spent some time just working on getting me to feel that LBO edge the same as the RBO for the other side, and we did actually make some progress.  Hopefully it will stick; we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home