Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Power

I skated the Gilbert adult skate today for a power lesson with Holly.  My schedule is a little wacky this week, thus the lesson today instead of the usual Friday.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- a hard lap.
  • slaloms -- of course
  • fwd c-cuts -- emphasis on getting a good rip from the free leg.  Eeep.
  • fwd/back 2-foot turns -- down the length of the rink.  We spent a fair amount of time on this, alternating directions.  This wasn't really the standard two foot turn, it was almost like a pivot but without the toepick -- by that I mean that for the fwd turn I was sliding one leg out and back around, and then for the back turn sliding one leg out in front and around, if that makes any sense.  It was kinda weird but got better.
  • slalom/hockey glide -- slalom-slalom-glide around a circle, alternating sides.  It really made me get down in my knees to hold that glide, so I guess that's a good thing.
  • lunges -- one lap.  Ugh.
  • FXOs -- as last week, figure 8 around the big circles and then skate to the middle circle.  Holly said I was a bit faster than last week, but it didn't feel like it to me.
I honestly am not certain if I'm getting better or she's going easier on me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home