Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate, as usual.  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:
  • stroking -- 1.5 laps.
  • slaloms -- one lap.
  • forward swizzles -- one lap.
  • backward c-cuts -- just stroking backward with large c-cuts.  I was getting a nice rip from the BI edge, yay, but was still kinda up on my toes.  Just one lap of these.  I did all 4 of these moves right after the other with no stop.
  • FXOs -- alternating sides L & R on the circles, then stroke to the middle and CCW around the big circle.  I was going pretty fast by then and it was kinda scary.  Holly says it's all in my head, there's no problem with my FXOs and I can do them fast if I just can get myself to do them.... so I tried.  I think I did a little better but it's very frustrating. Just so scary :-(.  Grrr.  It's so annoying to be holding myself back like this.
  • 3s -- we did some alternating FI3s (yikes!).  Down the line, then we moved to the crease and did some there.  LFI3... ugh.  Clearly I need to make myself do these on a regular basis since I could barely manage them :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home