Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Gilbert adult skate today for patch practice.

I ran through the Preliminary test.  I didn't bring my scribe, and my waltz-8 circles were... not very circular.  The bottom half of each circle was definitely cut in.  Yuck.

Next I worked a bit on BO8, which was not so bad flow-wise but return to center was not so great.  I'm not used to practicing without scribed circles anymore but I will have to before the competition in August!  Eeep.

I finished up with 3s to center and some general work on 3s.  LFO3 is not that bad but really forcing/throwing the hip into the RFO3.  Yuck.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM , Blogger susanrn said...

    Hi Gordon. What a nice surprise to see you today at Ice Fest. You did a great job announcing. Susan

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home