Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Zoo


I skated the afternoon public session as usual. I skated for an hour and 15 minutes (until the Z-break), then took my skates to be sharpened. After that I skated another 30 minutes. A lot of skating for today!

I had a pretty good skate. Worked on toe loop and also some time on RBO pivot. I'm such a chicken on these but did get myself to do a couple where I got maybe 3/4 around. Need to keep working them... Also some time on spins, very frustrating until the very end when I got a couple decent ones (2.5 revs). Besides the usual (don't go in too fast), I had to remind myself to go in with a more bent knee and not straighten too fast. That really helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home