Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Stroking & 3-Turn Pattern


Today's moves lesson with Kelli, on the 8:15 FS:
  • Stroking -- we talked about the test and Kelli asked me what I'm least comfortable with and I told her how nervous I get about stroking, especially the FXOs on the ends since I'm going fast. So we worked on it for a while. Kelli says my actual stroking is pretty nice. My CW FXOs are a bit clunky (no surprise there) and we worked on that a bit.
  • 3-turn pattern -- the bulk of our lesson. We started off and I did a really nice LFI3 - RFO3... and then it was quickly downhill from there. For some reason I could not for the life of me convince myself to do a good back lobe, so from there the next LFI3 lobe was ukky and it just got worse. I went ahead and did the whole pattern (so I felt good about that at least), then we came back and started working on fixing things. I'm tending to lean forward into the FI3, which is why I'm a bit off-balance coming out and then it's hard to step forward. We made a little progress on that and we pretty much fixed the back lobe back to how it used to be (like, earlier this week!). Sheesh.
After my lesson I spent some time on spins and toe loop. No good spins (sheesh, this is disturbing), a couple of almost-good toe loops.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home