Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Zoo


I skated the afternoon public session as usual. It was not so much that it was crowded as that the number of totally out-of-control kids was relatively high. Nevertheless I got some good work down on toe loop and FXOs and waltz-8. I spent a good chunk of time on spins and had some good results -- in particular I got a 3.5 rev spin!! My best yet! It traveled a lot :-( but I stayed with it. I also had a 3-rev spin and several in the 2+ rev range. It's progress, real progress and it made me quite happy :-). I'm still having trouble bringing the R side around though. On one of the longer spins I actually had the presence of mind to try to bring it around during the spin... weird, weird feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home