Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 27, 2009

3s & BXOs


Today's lesson was on the 8:15 with Leone. Before my lesson I was working on FO8 and FI8 and they were really good, which pleased me no end.

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- we spent quite a bit of time on these. Main corrections were... look where I'm going (how many bazillion times have I heard that); need to keep the skating hand inside the circle after the turn (don't let it swing out); keep the free foot closer; and especially on the RFO3, work to have better bend in the knee and especially the hip before the turn. There was a fair amount of improvement on these, which makes me happy :-) especially since I worked on them because I know I should, not because I felt like it :-).
  • BXOs -- worked mostly on the less-happy side. Leone's main correction was to... can't remember the exact expression... something like making the back foot follow the circle after the cross. It's sort of like letting it come back around, not just pushing it out of the circle. This resulted in a good improvement, though there's still much to be done (there's still some scraping left). Leone says I pretty much do this on the happier side already.
I'm really pleased with the progress I've made during these lessons with Leone. Sonya and Kelli are back next week and it's back at it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home