Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual. I was kind of tired, but had a pretty good skate anyway. Worked on waltz-8, it's improving -- I'm doing a much better job of holding that back edge and that makes the step forward easier. Worked briefly on BXOs and wow, the CW ones are actually ALMOST SCRAPE-FREE!! Whee! The CCW ones... need more work :-). 3-turn pattern -- eh. Actually I really need to work the back lobe on the L side, I just can't seem to be consistent about it. And finally, spins -- I got about 3 2-rev spins, including one that was really nicely centered! The big things continue to be 1) relax and be more slow and deliberate going into the spin, and 2) once in position, really stand up over the skating foot. Slow but steady progress... I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home