Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 13, 2009

3s


Today's lesson was with Leone. Leone is my "skating Grandma", since she taught my coach :-). Since Sonya is out of town she had encouraged me to have a lesson with one of the other coaches, and I decided I wanted to work on my 3s with Leone.

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- we worked on these at great length. Leone had me concentrate on getting a better FO edge, really feeling my weight over that edge. On the RFO3 she made me hold her scarf to get me to think about where my hands are before/during/after the turn.
  • FI3s -- again, more work on holding the edge before the 3 and keeping my free leg a bit closer. We also worked a bunch on holding the check on the LFI3, which is my biggest problem with it.
  • 3-turn pattern -- we looked at this briefly, and made some progress in getting me to check the exit of the LFI3 and to hold the entrance to the RFO3 a bit. Yay!
  • BXOs -- just a couple minutes on this at the end. Leone had me work to have the back foot be on a BO edge *from the beginning* (rolling the ankle slightly during the reach-in) and of course work to place my weight on it more firmly. A bit of progress.
All in all some good work on one of my biggest concerns at this point! We have another lesson next week, we'll probably work on these again and/or waltz-8.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home