Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual and had a reasonably good skate. I worked most of my moves (at least briefly). They all look good except that the back lobe on the L side of the 3-turn pattern was just awful. I could not get my weight shifted all the way to the left foot. I tried it in the pattern and then I tried just doing back perimeter XOs and either way it just wasn't happening. On the positive side the LFI3 -> RFO3 was actually relatively controlled. I was pretty happy with that.

I worked on toe loop and spins also. Spins... eh. Not happening tonight. Toe loop, on the other hand, is coming along nicely. I got 2 that were not cheated. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home