Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Zoo


As usual I skated the afternoon public session for about an hour and 15 minutes. I had a pretty good skate! Worked a lot on toe loop -- I really love doing toe loops! Only got a couple that weren't cheated but overall my rhythm and timing continue to improve. Worked a lot on spins, and got two that were about 3.5 revs! The rest were all over the place, I have no consistency at all on these yet. The only general principles that I can figure for doing the better vs. worse ones is to slowly straighten the knee like Sonya told me, to come in slower, and to bring the arms together better.

I also spent some time on LFI3 and the LFI3 side of the 3-turn pattern. I realized (again, I think, I'm pretty sure I've noted this before) that I want to do the RFO3 quickly because I'm not really balanced over my R side to do it well; this is also partly because I'm widestepping the step forward. So I worked on holding the LBO edge, then bringing the foot to the instep (like Leone told me) and stepping forward. This resulted in RFO3s that were at least not quite so rushed, even if they were still a little rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home