Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Figures Lesson #9


There were 7 of us for class today. We worked on layout for competition -- staggered circles. So if one person starts at a specific circle, the next person has to choose a center that's not along either axis from the person before. The 3rd has to choose a center that's not lined up with either of those and doesn't overlap their circles too much, etc. It was interesting. I choose what I thought was an okay spot for my circles but after I started (we were just doing FO8) I realized that I forgot one of the other cardinal rules for figures -- stay away from the ends of the rink! The ice on the ends is often bumpy (it certainly was today!). Oh well! Actually while my center wasn't so great my circles were traced fairly closely so I was pretty happy with them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home