Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Figures Class #10


There were only 5 of us for today's class. Today was a follow-on to last week; we worked on "stacking" circles. Unlike last week's lesson (staggering), in stacking circles you choose your center by moving along the major axis of the previous skater's circles. So, it's easier than staggering. We worked on this and I did pretty well, although the first time around I couldn't see my center mark and it wasn't so great -- but I was able to fix it the 2nd time around. This led to a good discussion about what to do when your first circles aren't so great. The answer is to fix them the 2nd time and then stick to that fix. Don't just pick a new center.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home