Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

3-Turn Pattern, Spins, Toe Loop


Today's lesson was on the 8:15 FS. Before my lesson I gave Sonya a CD with some music (there were 13 pieces), candidates for program music for Cactus Classic in Scottsdale. We also discussed some issues with my test (eep, it's coming up soon!).

Today's lesson:
  • 3-turn pattern-- I told her about the issues I had been having with the back lobe, so we started by working on back perimeter XOs and got that issue fixed. I think it's a combination of things, I need to straighten the one leg fully and really bend the knee on the other leg to really get my weight shifted all the way over. After that we worked on the pattern. My L side was a bit wonky and I'm still bending over a bit coming out of the LFI3. I was doing a better job on the step forward to the RFO3 though.
  • Spins -- we started with 2-foot spins. Sonya had me try a couple of different options for starting, neither of which I liked very much. I was having some issues with them. We eventually moved on to the 1-foot spin. Bleah. Not much progress there.
  • Toe loop -- just a quick look at these. Sonya suggested I spend more time working on the RBO pivot and also exercises on the boards to get the draw through to improve.
After my lesson I worked on most of my moves. Of course, I got a really terrific 2-foot spin since Sonya wasn't there to observe.. grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home