Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wed. Night Skate Karaoke


I attended the public session tonight, but got there late so only about an hour of actual skating. About 8 p.m. Christa, our DJ, decided to do karaoke for a bit... so we were treated to some *ahem* performances. I didn't get a chance to sing, unfortunately. I was hoping it would be REAL "skating karaoke", but apparently she doesn't have a wireless microphone, so it's only karaoke while standing still. Too bad!

Did my 10 waltz jumps, worked a little on the spin entrance and a couple of spins, and of course worked on edges and 3s. And talked a lot...

I had the following rather amusing conversation with Sarah:

Sarah: I almost landed my Axel!
GSB: I just did a waltz jump!
Sarah: Well, I've only been skating a year and 3 months.
GSB: I've been skating for 2 years.
Sarah: Oh... well, I'm younger than you!
GSB: You are? Oh yes, I noticed last week!
Sarah: Oh, I thought you were 12.
GSB: No, I just act like I'm 12.

These kids crack me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home