Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wednesday Night Skate


I attended the Wednesday night public session, got there a bit late but stayed later than usual, so 1.5 hours of skating. Did my requisite 5 waltz jumps (I should probably up it to 10). Worked on my 3s pretty extensively; some progress on the RFO3 (weak side). I'm noticing I'm getting an interesting feeling like I'm pushing onto the ball of the foot more, which makes the turn flow better. I'm not sure where that came from, it just happened but it's interesting. I'll have to see if it's still there in the morning! Jenni reminded me that I need to not rush these 3s as much as I do... of course she's right.

The schedule for Sunday's testing was posted at the rink... the first tests are at 6:30 a.m.! Sheesh. It's a good thing I'm getting more used to skating in the early morning, otherwise my chances of passing when I finally do test would be slim to none...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home