Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Workout


I managed to escape to the sole remaining evening freestyle session that we have (4:40 - 5:40 p.m. Tuesdays). It was a bit crowded; almost every coach we have was there giving at least one lesson.

I had a very productive skate. I worked at least a bit on almost everything (okay, no BXOs). Did my 5 waltz jumps. Did a couple of spirals (was Anna watching? No, darn it!). Worked the 5-step Mohawk -- bleah. Worked power-3s -- the left foot -- wow! I'm actually able to chain them together and they are kind of fast and fun and swoopy -- I love 'em. Now, if I could just place the 3 at the top of the lobe instead of 2 feet in, I'd really have something... *sigh*. Oh, and the right foot ones are pretty stinky. And of course I worked my 3s and FXOs and edges and stroking (just a little). And some spins, including one that was very nicely centered! Like I said, it was a good workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home